Every year the wine industry attracts the attention of a large body of authoritative publications.
One of the most important of these is without doubt the Vini Buoni D’Italia guide (Good Wines of Italy) published by Touring.
Edited by Mario Busso, the guide is a compendium of the best producers of wines made from indigenous Italian grape varieties, chosen according to a rigorous and thorough assessment by dozens of industry experts from tastings of more than 20,000 wines.
The 2016 edition features Maggio Vini, selected among Sicilian wineries standing out for the quality and taste of their wines, with the following wines:
• CERASUOLO DI VITTORIA DOCG CLASSICO VIGNA DI PETTINEO 2013 (4 STARS)
• TERRE SICILIANE IGT NERO D’AVOLA KALAURISI 2012 (4 STARS)
• TERRE SICILIANE IGT BIANCO ARIDDU 2014 (3 STARS)
• TERRE SICILIANE IGT FRAPPATO RAPPATU 2014 (3 STARS)
• VITTORIA DOC NERO D’AVOLA VIGNA DI PETTINEO 2013 (3 STARS)
As every year, the Vini Buoni guide will be at Vinitaly and other trade fairs attracting producers and tasters from all over Italy and abroad.
The guide is therefore an important showcase, which helps broaden the scope of wine tourism, incentivising rediscovery and appreciation of the various regions of the Italian peninsular, not just for their food and wines, but also for their historical and cultural heritage.